We have a 100% live product guarantee!* We currently ship out live worms Monday (subject to change, depending on stock/season) via USPS Priority mail or FedEx 2 day Express. Your worms will usually be delivered within 2 -3 days anywhere in the continental United States once shipped. Deadline for Mondays shipment is Saturday by 7 pm Eastern time. We reserve the right to withhold shipments due to weather extremes or holidays.
If you require a rushed delivery or a special request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to receive the worms within certain dates, please contact us before you place the order, or leave a request in the order notes section if you place the order online. We will do our best to accommodate such requests, but we are not able to guarantee this.
Worm Kits and Composters are shipped via UPS, FED-EX, and USPS depending on which state you are located in. Shipping can take up to a week to arrive with this mode of transit.
Our system will send out an email with tracking information within 12 hours of shipment if you provide an email when you place your order online. Please keep an eye out for this email.
Our Worms are packed in breathable bags and shipped in 8 cu. in. corrugated cardboard shipping boxes. They are clearly marked LIVE WORMS / PERISHABLE.
- We had to revise our shipping of “live guarantee” as too many people were not home to receive their worms and worms were being left in the mail box.” If Temperatures exceed 80 degrees F we reserve the right to hold off on shipping until temperature cool off. If temps are 80+degrees on your end we will ask Postal Service to Hold for you to pickup. This is to ensure your worms stay in a cool environment.This is especially during the month of July and August.
- Please read and ask questions before placing orders, once order is placed and paid for we will assume you have read all the details of guaranteed live delivery policies. No refunds are given on Worm Sales.
- European night crawlers, Alabama Jumpers and red worms are shipped in 1 pound bedding per one pound worms. Special “shipping compound” is added to keep your worms healthy and happy while they travel.
- To make sure your worms have plenty of time to arrive before the weekend, shipments go out Monday’s. We don’t want your worms spending the weekend at the post office – they might get into trouble.( unless Monday is a holiday).
- Orders received Monday – Sunday are shipped out the following Monday.
- We ship by USPS Priority Mail, which is 2 – 3 business days, usually two.
- We only ship to the continental United States.
- We guarantee live delivery, but we are not responsible for the health of your worms after you receive them. You must call within one hour of Postal Service delivery confirmation to report any problems. Please open your worms and install them into their new home immediately. Boxes of worms not opened and relocated to new bedding in a timely manner will be considered to have arrived alive. If you should receive your worms DOA you must provide a video no more than 1 hour after delivery of postal receipt of delivery. If worms are left by the carrier at or near your mailbox or porch “live delivery guarantee” is void. If you are not sure if you will be home to receive please ask us to have postal service hold your package at the postal center for you to pick up.
- Worms will be considered “arrived alive” upon the first delivery attempt by the post office. “Guaranteed live delivery” is for delivery to address given. Once order is placed with a shipping address and we agree to ship it to the new address it will void the “live guarantee” Purchaser must make arrangements for safe delivery. We are not responsible for the health of the worms after they are delivered or if delivery attempts are made and are unsuccessful. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to immediately follow-up on notices left by the post office. Problems must be reported the same day as delivery is made.
- Written verification of dead worms from the Post Office may be required before replacement worms are shipped.
- Please make sure the address you give is correct, as giving an inaccurate “ship to” will void this guarantee.
Please if possible notify your postal man/woman that a live product is expected. If your worms arrive and have perished please contact us via e-mail or by phone to handle the situation.
*If your worms arrive and have perished please contact us via e-mail to handle the situation. We will need to be notified within 48 hours of your worms arrival in order to honor the live product guarantee. We will request photos of both the worms and the box that they arrive in. We cannot take returns on our worms since they are a live product and will not survive a return trip to our facility.
Worms Species: After 30 years Meme’s Worms has become a expert in raising and supply composting /Bait worms to the public. Meme’s Worms sells only the healthiest and finest composting / Bait worms for both garden, fishing and indoor/outdoor composting. Our bed run worms are superior because they work all layers of the compost not just the top few inches. Giving you a better compost faster. This also gives an advantage in that as conditions change certain species will multiply as conditions become unfavorable for another keeping you with a constantly healthy composter. Because they are bed run some orders may have more than one species than another but rest assured their populations will naturally adjust to the needs of your waste. Our Bait worms are hand selected to give you superior worms for your fishing needs. Because of the adaptive nature of worms some varieties reproductive rates change with warmer weather, colder weather, moisture levels, soil content etc.
We are currently able to ship to all of the 48 continental United States as well as Alaska. We are unable to ship live worms to Hawaii due to strict laws regarding introducing non native worms into the soil. We are unable to ship to any country outside of the United States.
Cost of Shipping
Shipping is include in price.
Duration of Shipping
Usually shipments arrive in 2-3 days.
Orders placed by Saturday 7pm will be shipped out the following Monday.
We can not ship to Hawaii due to strict laws.
It all started with my grandson and me fishing together. We both would rather fish than eat. I bought a small piece of land on the river, so we could spend the weekends fishing together. It soon became pretty expensive buying bait. So we decided we would grow our own worms to fish with and have something to do over the winter while we waited for spring to go fishing again. We started with a bag of worms from online and then I found a real worm farmer with 40yrs of growing experience right down the road from me. He’s in his 80’s and still works everyday. I spent a few hours with him and got so excited over worms that I bought 10,000 worms. I brought them home and then had to get busy really building worm bins.
Kyler helped me and soon we had several bins ready for the worms. We were so excited to put our worms in there new home. Kyler made a small bin he could take home and watch them grow. Also to learn to take care of them. I soon started thinking that this would be a great small business to teach him how to start his own worm farm. This is how it all began.